You have received an entry visa for the Schengen area countries.
THIS VISA DOES NOT, HOWEVER, GIVE YOU AN ABSOLUTE GUARANTEE TO ENTER THESE COUNTRIES.
The authorities responsible for border control will check in particular:
- If you are in possession of a valid document for crossing the border and if this document is accompanied by the visa;
- If you have not exceeded the maximum period of stay allowed on the territory of the Schengen States, i.e. 3 months out of a period of 6 months;
- Your point of departure and destination as well as the purpose of your stay and, if necessary, the relevant supporting documents.
THEREFORE, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING AT HAND FOR EACH BORDER CROSSING POINTS:
- Your travel document with a valid visa ;
- The documents justifying the purpose and conditions of your stay in the territory of the Schengen States (invitation letter, hotel reservation, accommodation with a local resident);
- Documents proving sufficient means of subsistence for the duration and purpose of the planned stay (cash, traveler’s cheques, credit cards, undertaking to assume responsibility)
YOU WILL BE DENIED ENTRY INTO THE SCHENGEN AREA IF:
- You do not have a valid travel document;
- You do not have a valid visa;
- You are unable to present documents justifying the purpose and conditions of your stay;
- You are unable to present documents proving that you have sufficient means of subsistence in relation to the length and type of stay envisaged;
- You have already stayed for 3 months out of a 6-month period on the territory of the Schengen States.